Established in 1998, Arts Guild New Jersey is a non-profit center for the arts located in the Downtown Arts District of the City of Burlington, New Jersey. It is the mission of Arts Guild New Jersey to present a variety of arts programs (visual, performing, literary, culinary, media) for the benefit of New Jersey residents, along with arts education and arts service resources. In addition to all that, we support the arts, artists and art lovers.
We offer a variety of technical assistance programs and services to individual artists and arts organizations, including:
- Fiscal Sponsorship: As a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, Arts Guild New Jersey serves as a conduit by which independent artists and groups can apply for grant funding and receive tax-deductible donations without themselves holding 501(c)(3) status.
- Grantwriting and Fundraising: Arts Guild New Jersey offers grantwriting and fundraising services that include basic grantwriting, long-term donor development, fundraising campaign strategy.
- Planning and Visioning: Arts Guild New Jersey provides direct consultation to artists, arts groups, cultural sector leaders and government officials interested in the planning and implementation of cultural arts initiatives; and creating a performance assessment plans for arts agencies and community arts initiatives.
- Education: Arts Guild New Jersey presents a wide range of educational workshops including Insurance for Artists, Impactful Grantseeking, Cultural Destination Development and more.
- Marketing & Publicity Assistance: Arts Guild New Jersey provides short- and long-term marketing and public relations design and implementation for events and organizations.
Every arts project is unique. Take advantage of our in-house expertise in technology, strategy and research to help your project grow and achieve sustainability.
Board of Directors
Mike has been photographing and designing shots since he was 10 years old. He still shoots sometimes with an old Kodak Brownie camera. From wedding photography to formal sittings he enjoys a style that blends the old and new. He can create in a vintage large format and in the new days of digital where he believes every photograph counts. Mike is a longtime business owner in Burlington where he has a boutique studio, offering one-on-one personalized service and a historic building with apartment rentals. His passion for the arts has led him to our board and his credo fits right in with our philosophy, “If you can dream it, WE CAN DO IT!”
Nancy B. Collier
Nancy is a painter, illustrator and editor. She is committed to “transforming our world through the arts.” She is an Arts Guild New Jersey board member and has been a leader in the Burlington City community for many years. She is a retired teacher. She received her undergraduate degree from Gettysburg College and a Masters Degree in Leadership and Administration from Georgian Court University. She is now pursuing her love of the arts through acrylics.
Derrick is a poet and writer of books for children. As a resident of Burlington, he has been an Arts Guild New Jersey board member for a number of years. He shares, as with his wife Nancy, the same passion for the arts as one of the many joys of life. A former military officer, retired, he earned his BA in psychology and education from the University of Nebraska by way of the U.S. Naval Academy. He has had career experiences in both the private and public sectors. He is a retired teacher who considers himself a person of many artful interests. He has a romantic vision of Burlington City, Township and County, transforming to become a destination place for visitors coming to discover Burlington through the arts.
Business entrepreneur, teacher, docent for the Philadelphia Museum of Arts and children’s author, Barbara Fisher has always included some aspect of the arts in her life. As co-owner of the former Cafe Gallery restaurant, a local Burlington City eater dedicated to French cuisine, she combined the culinary arts with the visual arts by providing a venue for local artists to display their creations. She also encouraged local high school artists to show their artwork in special exhibits held at the restaurant. Barbara represented Arts Guild New Jersey as the 2019 recipient of the Encore Award given by the South Jersey Cultural Alliance.
James J. Kennedy is a politician serving as member of the New Jersey General Assembly, representing the 22nd legislative district since January 2016. He previously served as mayor of Rahway, New Jersey from 1991 through 2010.